Living Jewish Values 1&2 Set
Living Jewish Values 1 & 2 Set (Books Only)
Digital Companions for the Online Learning Center now available!
ABOUT VOLUME 1: BE YOUR BEST SELF & VOLUME 2: FAMILY CONNECTIONS
Be Your Best Self is the first volume in a four-book series that provides the base for an active and comprehensive exploration of sixteen core Jewish values. It explores the values of: Dignity (Kavod Ha'briyot), Returning to Your Highest Self (Teshuvah), Personal Satisfaction (Sameach b'chelko), and Humility (Anavah). Family Connections is the second volume and explores the values of: Gratitude (Hakarat Hatov), Family Harmony (Sh'lom Bayit), Truth (Emet), Holiness (Kedushah). From introduction of the sacred texts that underlie each value, through discussions, activities, and quizzes to help students identify aspects of the values within themselves, and journaling activities to develop a plan for furthering each value in their own lives, students will come to a deeper and personal understanding of the difference our value system makes in the way we conduct ourselves throughout life.
ABOUT THE SERIES
Living Jewish Values is a two year values curriculum that introduces students to sixteen core Jewish values. At the end of this systematic, comprehensive program, students will read and pronounce the Hebrew value terms correctly, understand the value concepts, identify core sacred texts associated with the values, recognize the relevance of the values to society, and develop a plan to adopt each value in their personal lives.
Each chapter includes:
- A tale from classical Jewish literature to stimulate exploration of the featured value
- Personality quizzes that challenge students to identify aspects of each value in their own behavior
- Discussion questions and activities to gain deeper understanding of the values
- Portraits of contemporary role models whose lives are the highest expression of each value
- Journal activities to integrate the values into daily life.